What are the prerequisites for application?
1. Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University (ALKU) should have a valid Bilateral Agreement with the university you study at,
2. You should be qualified as an Erasmus Exchange Student candidate in your university,
3. You should be nominated to ALKU by your university's International Office by the 15th of July or the 15th of November.
4. You should complete the application process by the 1st of August for the Fall semester or by the 1st of December for the Spring semester.
ALKU's partner institutions should nominate the students by sending an e-mail to ALKU. The e-mail should include the e-mail address of the related Erasmus Departmental Coordinator and our office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The nomination deadlines are the 15th of July for the Fall semester and the 15th of November for the Spring semester.
2. Required documents
2.1. OLA (Online Learning Agreement) You should fill out the Online Learning Agreement with the courses that your university offers and the courses that ALKU offers. You can choose any course from any department at ALKU. Each course is worth five (5) credits. Please click here to check the courses offered for Erasmus Students>
2.2. The application form should be filled out online. Uploading the documents required in the form, such as a passport-size photo, is obligatory. To access the Application Form please click here>
2.3. A transcript of Records should be uploaded in the application form in English.
2.4. A copy of your passport should be uploaded in the application form in English. Please make sure that your passport is valid for the entire duration of your intended stay in Turkey.
We kindly ask you to send an email to our office ( email@example.com ) to inform us about your application by writing "Your name, surname, Erasmus+Student/Trainee" to the subject part of the e-mail.
Since Visa regulations differ depending on the country, we advise you to contact the Turkish Embassy in your country of residence or to check the website of Turkish Foreign Affairs about visa regulations. Please note that it is obligatory to have your passport with you during your exchange in Turkey. Once you have arrived in Turkey, you will apply for a residence permit if your period of stay is longer than three (3) months.
4.1. Your country of residence may have a Social Security Agreement with Turkey. In this case, you should request the forms listed below from your Social Security Office. You should request the original forms in both English and Turkish. This form needs to cover your Erasmus period in ALKU.
4.2. If your country does not have an agreement with Turkey, you may obtain health insurance from a private company that has a branch in Turkey. The insurance documents must be filled in Turkish. You may also obtain health insurance from a Turkish company after your arrival in Turkey.
Arriving in ALKU
1. Visit the Erasmus Coordinator at International Relations Office when you have arrived in ALKU. At the office, you will meet your mentor who will provide guidance during your stay.
2. Find your Erasmus Departmental Coordinator. Your coordinator will be your academic adviser and help you with your academic matters throughout your exchange period at ALKU. Click here to check the list of the coordinators.
3. Apply for a Student ID card. Student ID cards are used in the university canteens and for receiving discounts in Alanya. The Student ID cards are distributed to the students by the Department of Students Affairs, and the card is valid during your exchange period.
4. Apply for a Residence Permit. All international students in Turkey, regardless of their status, must register with the Foreign National Departments of the Police Headquarters to obtain Residence Permit (İkamet Belgesi), within a month of entering Turkey. The students who will stay in Turkey longer than 3 months, have to apply for a residence permit within one month after their arrival to Turkey. If your exchange period lasts less than 3 months, you do not need to apply for a residence permit.
Documents required for a residence permit application:
1. Four (4) biometric photos
2. Copy of the pages of the passport showing the entry stamp to Turkey, the page with personal data, and the entry visa page if obtained.
3. A document certifying that the student is an Erasmus student for the term (provided by the International Relations Office)
4. Printout of the online application form.
5. A residence permit fee.
6. Health insurance.
Please note that if you cannot obtain a residence permit during your exchange period, you will pay a fine when leaving Turkey. You may also get deported by legal authorities.